Have you tried cutting very thin slices of cheese and failed? Or how about breaking a glass and not being sure you got all of the pieces off the floor? These are just some of the things that we can do faster and more effectively using the right techniques. Below you’ll find some useful tips and tricks you can apply in your everyday life.
16. Squeeze on the 57 to get ketchup out of the bottle.
Noticed the no. 57 in your ketchup bottle? It’s there for a reason. That’s where you should squeeze.
15. Tie a rubber band on a spoon’s handle to keep it from falling into the pot.
Tired of having spoons falling into your pot? Rubber bands will keep your spoon in place.
14. Open a jar easily using a rubber band.
Using a cloth or your bare hands in opening jars can be time consuming. Use rubber bands instead to open jars in no time.
13. Freeze wax candles to make them last longer.
Want long-lasting candles? Freeze them overnight before lighting them up.
12. Keep garbage bags strong by attaching them to the side of the bin using a clothes pin.
Hooks will keep your garbage bag in place. This way you never have to replace it until it’s full.
11. Attach a masking tape on the opening of a container to get exact measurements.
This hack is perfect for those who love to bake. You’ll always get the exact amount you need.
10. Put herbs in the microwave to dry them.
Dry herbs last longer. Store yours in a jar after microwaving them.
9. Use spaghetti to light candles and prevent burning your fingers.
A piece of spaghetti can light two candles. It will protect your fingers from getting burned too.
8. Use a Bundt pan and a sharp knife to get corn from the cob.
You’ll have all the corn in one container. No more mess!
7. Clean bottles by putting crushed eggshells and water inside and shaking vigorously. Rinse off and voila!
It’s hard to find a brush that can clean bottles effective;y. This hack will do the trick.
6. Use a potato peeler to cut thin slices of cheese.
You should know by now that potato peelers have other uses too. They can help you cut thin slices of cheese.
5. Keep cutting boards in place by putting a wet paper towel under it.
Don’t you just hate it when your cutting board “moves” while you’re preparing food? Wet paper towel can keep it in place.
4. Freeze extra pasta sauce and reheat it when needed.
This is very helpful especially to those who love pasta. You don’t need to throw the extra sauce anymore.
3. Microwave those lemons to squeeze them easily using your hands.
It’s hard to juice fresh lemons. Heating them up for a few minutes in the microwave can soften them.
2. Decorate cakes with lace.
You don’t need to be a pro to decorate pastries. Cover cake with lace to make it more attractive.
1. Use bread to pick up pieces of broken glass.
Glass easily sticks on a bread’s surface. You’ll find that bread can pick up the finest particles.
Don’t you find these helpful? Now you know what to do next time you want to make your work done faster, easier and more effectively.